Superstruct is a virtual reality game based around the concept of drawing 3D structures in space, then shrinking down to the size of a bug and exploring the architecture you created. A Leap Motion and Oculus Rift DK2 (with runtime 1.3.0+) are required.
The best way to get an idea of how it works is to download the demo and do the tutorial, but the YouTube on the right should give you a good idea of what it's like.
Feedback is extremely welcome! Please let me know if you run into any issues or have any suggestions.
Thanks to Zach Kinstner for creating the Hovercursor, Hovercast, and Hoverboard libraries (https://github.com/aestheticinteractive/Hover-VR-I...).
If you like Superstruct, check out my other VR projects Graffiti 3D (http://jscottk.itch.io/graffiti-3d) and Triangulate (http://jscottk.itch.io/triangulate).
- Updated to support Oculus runtime 1.3
- Fixed issue with rotating the ball using the mouse or gamepad analog stick and then using Leap Motion controls for locomotion. The user should move in the correct direction now.
- Fixed issue with Hoverboard buttons; the buttons should no longer always appear on top of hands.
- Fixed issue with fading to dark and fading in between levels.
- Fixed issue with gamepad jumping using the A button.
- Fixed rotation of ball in pipes level; users will face the objective when in ball mode now.
- Fixed error from attempting to instantiate a null object.
- Fixed issue with tutorial text not closing properly.
Download the zip file, and unzip to a convenient directory. Then run Superstruct.exe. Make sure your Oculus Rift and Leap Motion device are plugged in and turned on when you run the program.
This was developed for Oculus runtime 0.7.0 and above.